Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Horton Hears A Who! (2008)


Seriously, who is this? Is this Burt from accounting? - Mayor of Who-Ville

To be honest, the only reason I saw this one is because I met the people from the studio that produced the movie. Not being the biggest Jim Carrey fan ever, and knowing his previous track record with Dr. Seuss movies, I was slightly worried but overall pleasantly surprised.

The most difficult aspect when working off children's books is translating a 20-minute story into a 90-minute screen version. However, I think in this instance it was pulled off nicely. The star power backing the character voices helped a lot, and Steve Carell also did a great job as the mayor. The animation was beautiful and very brightly colored, and the jokes geared toward the younger audience were cute enough to get a chuckle from the adults as well. I was also a big fan of the purple Carol Brunette kangaroo, who bore a striking resemblance to the Aussie Shampoo Products. Not one one rush out to see, but definitely one to invest the time in. Not my favorite animated movie, but a cute one nonetheless.

2.5 stars out of 5

No comments: