Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Calm Before The Storm

A few thoughts before I begin my journey...

I stopped at the library to pick up this week's movie selections after work. First and foremost I would like to thank the public library system because without them this quest simply wouldn't exist - I'm not about to pay $5 per movie times 160.

My first job was in the Orchard Park Public Library, and the smell of libraries always bring me back to life when I was 16 and everything was simple. Long story short, the smell of the video section disgusts me. I'm not sure what it is....I always dreaded emptying the video cart on account of the horrid smell. I'm not sure what the source is, since Blockbuster or similar video rental stores do not have the same scent. But needless to say, the smell grossed me out. The weekly trips I'll be taking to the library's video department are going to have to be made with haste on account of the smell.

As an aside, Nick Dean has requested I make daily posts on here to entertain him at work. While I can't promise a daily entry, I will from time to time be making other posts regarding movies (not on the list) I've seen, CDs I've purchased or books I read. Or maybe just a blurb on something entertaining from work...time shall tell.

But, here we go! Pizza in one hand, Coke in another, it's time to commence with Citizen Kane. Post to follow. Cheers!

1 comment:

NickDean said...

Nick Dean does not request. Nick Dean demands. And the world obliges, for the simple reason that he is Nick Dean and things should be as he says.

Hooray to regular posts.