Sunday, May 11, 2008

It's A Wonderful Life (1946)

American Film Institute's Top 100 Films: No. 20

Get me - I'm givin' out wings! Nick

Regardless of how "cute" this movie is, in my opinion it should be known as Frank CRAPA's It's A Wonderful Life. I've seen this film far too many times, and each year when Mom drags out the VHS it pains me more and more.

All and all, it's a good film. It's a nice plot, and the idea behind it really is a good, solid one. Great family film. The biggest problem I have with this movie, is Jimmy Stewart. The whole two people reading this are probably in shock, but in reality I can't stand his acting in this movie. George Bailey as a character makes me sick. I'm not the slightest bit impressed with his overly sweet nature. His voice itself drives me to near insanity.

All in all, I would probably enjoy this movie if I took about ten years off from watching it, but as it stands, it's too long and too cutesy. 

2 stars out of 5

No comments: